Saturday, February 12, 2011

Chicken Gnocchi Soup

I learned about this recipe from Olive Garden. I have made several of their soups and this and Zuppa Toscana are the favorites in this house. I would highly suggest that if you have leftovers to heat them up slowly and stir because if it burns the dairy separates and the soup can not be saved. Lesson learned the hard way. Lets get started.
Some celery
Chopped up. You readers should be thankful you do not have to watch me chop. It takes a very looong time.
Onions
Chopped. Oh the tears I cried as I chopped these.
Garlic
Thank goodness I could use the garlic press here.
Oh my thighs. This butter will catch up with me one of these days
Olive oil
Dump it in
Dump in the aromatics. 
Cook them until the onions are clear.
Dump in some flour
Cook for a couple of minutes.
Ah...my thighs again. Some whole milk
Cook slowly until thickened
Get some carrots and peel them
And shred them. Thank goodness you don't have to watch this either.
Now for the Gnocchi. Gnocchi is a form of potato pasta. You can buy it frozen at the store but since I am a master chef, I made my own. (superior smile)
Spinach. I am using some old frozen stuff to get rid of it. It tasted fine.
Dump it and the carrots into the soup.
Add some chicken. Again this is leftover. No waste. 
In the pot
Served up
Some Parmesan Cheese
on top. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment