Saturday, January 29, 2011

The humble spud once again!

What can I say? Our family loves potatoes. This is one for boiled potatoes with parsley. Enjoy!
Start with freshly scrubbed Yukon Gold potatoes. 
Peel them.
And because I am a master-chef I cut them right up into the pot instead of dirtying the cutting board. Okay, I just didn't want to clean the cutting board. 
Pour in some water
Enough to cover the potatoes well. 
Set the heat on high
Cock the lid a little so the pot does not boil over
While you are waiting prep the rest of your meal. Steak and corn was the rest of dinner this night.
Bring the pot to a rolling boil.
Give a good stir now and again to make sure they are not sticking.
Potatoes are done when you can stick a knife into them easily.
Put a drainer in your sink
Be careful as you dump out the potatoes. The steam can burn you.
Get some lovely butter. I love butter. It makes everything so much better!
Either dump the potatoes back into the pot or in a large bowl. As it was Sunday evening dinner, I did not feel like dirtying another dish so I stuck with the pot. 
Dump the butter on top and let it melt and ooze all over the potatoes. Makes me hungry just thinking about it.
Toss in some chopped parsley. If you have fresh it makes the favor even better but dried works as well. 
Give it a stir and this is the goodness you get to enjoy! 

1 comment: